Papers of Jane Johnson and her family, consisting predominantly of correspondence. The collection includes notebooks containing journals of Robert Augustus Johnson, Rector of Walthamstow, Essex, 1771-7.
Papers of Jane Johnson of Olney, Buckinghamshire
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Don. b. 39-40, c. 190-6, d. 202, e. 193-200
- Dates of Creation1659-1852
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description18 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Jane Johnson (d 1759) was of Olney, Buckinghamshire.
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The papers were bought, with the help of the Friends of the Bodleian, from W.J. Blois Johnson, in 1996.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A full description is available in the Library.