Letters sent from William Canton to Edith Mary (Dorrie) Collingwood.
From William Canton (1845-1926)
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1239 462/1/5/2/93
- Dates of Creation1915-1925
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description3 letters
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
William Canton (27 October 1845-2 May 1926) was a British poet, journalist and writer, now best known for his contributions to children's literature. These include his series of three books, beginning with The Invisible Playmate, written for his daughter Winifred Vida (1891-1901). In his lifetime he was known for his use of recent archeological evidence of prehistory in his poetry.