To Marie Collingwood. Sent from St Giovanni. Written in German.
16 Jul 1867
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1239 462/1/1/3/2/1
- Dates of Creation16 Jul 1867
- Language of MaterialGerman
- Physical Description1 leaf, 2 pages
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Born in Switzerland in 1826, Marie Imhoff married William Collingwood in 1851. Together, they had three children, including W. G. Collingwood. She was the daughter of a Protestant notary. She appears to have come to England with William Collingwood's elder brother, Samuel, in 1846, and to have started a school. She died in 1873.