Daughter of William Gershom and Edith Collingwood, sister to Dora, Robin and Ursula.
Barbara Crystal Gnosspelius, née Collingwood (1887-1961)
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1239 462/14
- Dates of Creation1895-1961
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 box, 68 volumes, 8 folders, 11 documents, 2 objects
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Barbara, W. G. Collingwood and Edith Mary “Dorrie” Isaac’s second child, was born in 1887. She was educated at home by her mother, later at Cope’s School of Art, and the University of Reading. She spent time in Paris studying sculpture and went on to become a successful sculptor. In 1925, Barbara married Oscar Gnosspelius, a civil engineer and pioneering aviator. They had one daughter, Janet. She died in 1961.