Letters sent to Sophia Ruth Collingwood (1856-1937).
To Sophia Ruth Collingwood (1856-1937)
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1239 462/1/1/5/2
- Dates of Creation1883-1899
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description39 letters
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Born in 1856 in Liverpool, Sophia Ruth Collingwood was the second child of William Collingwood and Marie Imhoff. She never married but travelled extensively around Europe, first with her father and later apparently alone. From her letters, it appears that like many of her relatives, she spent a good deal of time sketching and painting, particularly landscapes from her travels. She died in Liverpool 1937.