Letters sent from Thomas Isaac (1824-1898).
From Thomas Isaac (1824-1898)
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1239 462/1/2/1
- Dates of Creation1887-1895
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description8 letters
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Thomas Isaac was born in 1824 in Suffolk and baptised at a Congregational Chapel. Apart from a brief stint sugar refining in Bristol, he worked as a corn merchant in Maldon, Essex. He married Sarah Prentice in 1850. Together they had six children. Their eldest daughter, Edith Mary (Dorrie) Isaac married W. G. Collingwood in 1883.