Letters sent to Marie Collingwood, née Imhoff (1826-1873).
To Marie Collingwood, née Imhoff (1826-1873)
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1239 462/1/1/1/1
- Dates of Creation1863-1869
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description32 letters
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Born in Switzerland in 1826, Marie Imhoff married William Collingwood in 1851. Together, they had three children, including W. G. Collingwood. She was the daughter of a Protestant notary. She appears to have come to England with William Collingwood's elder brother, Samuel, in 1846, and to have started a school. She died in 1873.