(1) The Cathedral School for Boys (Henry Lester Endowment), Shanghai:
- 1938 and 1940: two Certificates for 'good work';
- 17 May 1941: Sports Day programme (photocopy), with Ballard listed in two events (marked with red highlighter pen).
(2) Lunghwa Academy:
- Report (photocopy) of James Ballard for term ending 29 June 1945;
- 1945-1947: five letters (photocopies) from George Osborn (Headmaster, Lunghwa Academy), W G Humphrey (Headmaster, The Leys School, Cambridge), Edna Ballard, and James Ballard, concerning placing J G Ballard at The Leys School.
(3) The Leys School, Cambridge:
- 1947: School Report (Spring Term), with a copy in typescript.
(4) Autograph letter (19 September 1994, 5 sheets) from Raymond Tait to Ballard, providing provenance information for the school-related material listed above as '(2)'. Tait wrote to inform Ballard him that he had conducted some research at The Leys School, looking initially at school magazine records for possible Ballard contributions and discovering in the process 'some letters and other documents which I feel I ought to let you have copies of'. The letter lists the items copied and supplied to Ballard.