1. Single sheet cutting (fragment) from Prospect (January 1998) concerning Lady Diana Spencer ('the canonisation of Diana painfully illustrates the decline of rational political feminism').
2. Typed quotations from Robert O Paxton, Anatomy of Fascism (2004) together with a set of related notes by Ballard. 2 sheets typescript and 3 sheets autograph manuscript. Appears to relate to Ballard, Kingdom Come (2006).
3. Newspaper article by A N Wilson concerning painting by Lucian Freud entitled 'Benefits Supervisor Sleeping' (Daily Mail, 15 May 2008). The article has been received by fax (header: 16 May 2008, Claire Walsh). 6 sheets. The fax has other (non-Ballard) material in typescript on the verso.
4. Various Surrealist and other art postcards (not used), together with photographs of Ballard's copy of The Violation by Paul Delvaux, and a photograph of the Guggenheim Museum, Bilbao. (20 items.)
5. Four aerial images (2007, Europa Technologies Digital Globe) of residential area with Shanghai co-ordinates. Also, a close-up aerial photograph of the Ballard family home redeveloped as a restaurant (photograph appears in Rick McGrath, 'Empire of the Son: Exploring J G Ballard's Shanghai Home & Haunts': http://www.jgballard.ca/shanghai/jgb_shanghai_home.html).