Various examples of Ballard's occasional prose, as follows:
- A single typescript sheet (numbered 2). Discusses Michel Siffre's underground isolation experiment (1962) when he spent sixty days in the Scarasson Cavern. The sheet is the latter portion of a review of Siffre, Beyond Time (1964), published in The Guardian newspaper, 23 July 1965, p. 7.
- Brief comments on six 'crime' novels: Dostoievsky, Crime and Punishment; Poe, The Murders in the Rue Morgue; Kafka, The Trial; Chandler, The Big Sleep; Spillane, My Gun is Quick; and Fleming, Casino Royale. Single sheet, typescript.
- 'Images of the Future', annotated in Ballard's hand 'Unpublished Circa 1966'. Discusses science fiction. 3 sheets photocopy typescript.
- Newspaper cutting ('Junkyard dreams') in which Ballard previews a Channel 4 television documentary about Eduardo Paolozzi. 1987.
- 'Sigmund Freud' (item for the The Guardian newspaper, 'Icons of the 20th Century - Novelists'). Single sheet autograph manuscript, dated 24 January 1998.
- 'Time and Tacita Dean'. 3 sheets typescript. Published in Tacita Dean (Tate Publishing, 2001).
- Photocopy autograph letter and brief text to Nelly Kaprielian describing the Heathrow Hilton as 'my favourite London building'. 2 sheets, dated 4 July 2003.
- 'The Guggenheim Museum Bilbao'. 5 sheets photocopy typescript. Published in The Guardian, 8 October 2007.
- 'Jeremy Reed: Foreword'. 2 sheets photocopy typescript, without date. See Reed to Ballard (12 September 2005), in Add MS 88938/2/1/5.