Two letters, three postcards, and three greetings cards, as follows:
(1) Two letters from [Helen] Mary [Ballard] to Margaret [sister of J G Ballard]:
- Thursday 2 April , from Delfryn, Dyserth, North Wales. The letter includes references to several Ballard publications (he has a story 'in the March Argosy'; 'his second novel has gone to America'; he is 'about to start the BIG book'; and he has received 'a letter from the writer William Burroughs last week from Tangier').
- Tuesday , from Alicante, Spain: 'We are here for a couple of months and return on the 15th September [....] The landscape here is arid and barren, sand and scrub and rocks [....] Lots of drained rivers which Jimmie (senior) loves haunting. As you know his great book is to be set in a drained river bed [...] Sounds crazy doesn't it, but it won't be when Jimmie has turned it into a book.'
- The letters are accompanied by an identifying envelope supplied by the Ballard family (2010) which indicates that both letters were written in 1964.
(2) Postcards from Fay [Ballard] and Bea [Ballard] to their father, and a post card (6 March 2006) from Ballard to Fay Ballard.
(3) Two original cards ('Get well soon') from Ballard's grandchildren (dated 2000), and a Father's Day card of much earlier date.