1) Day Book. June 1838 —April 1849.
2) Account Book. Oct. 1907 - c. Sept 1913.
3) Order Book. Nov. 1901 - Dec. 1906.
4) Order Book. Jan. 1907 - April 1916.
5) Bought Ledger. April 1895-Sept. I902
6) Bills Payable. Jan. 1878 - May 1903.
7) Wage Book. Feb. 1907-June 1912.
James France and Company Limited, Business Archive
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
James France and Company Limited, of Albert Mills, Savile Town, Dewsbury, were carpet and woollen manufacturers and yarn spinners. They were established ca. 1790 in Coxley Valley and moved several times before settling at Albert Mills.
Conditions Governing Access
Access to this material is unrestricted.
Other Finding Aids
Described in Patricia Hudson, The West Riding wool textile industry: a catalogue of business records from the sixteenth to the twentieth century , 1975