Memoir of service, 1944-1974, with related papers.
Papers of Willoughby Harry Thompson
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.brit.emp.s.519
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Brit. Emp. s. 519
- Dates of Creation1944-1974
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description5 files
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Willoughby Harry Thompson (fl 1944-1974) lived and worked in Kenya beforebeing posted to the Falkland Islands as Colonial Secretary, 1963-1969, Anguilla as Commissioner, 1969-1971 and Montserrat as Governor, 1971-1974.His wife, Sheelah, worked for some time in the Colonial Nursing Service
Conditions Governing Access
Bodleian reader's ticket required. Material relating to Montserrat is closed until the end of 2004.
Collection level description created by Paul Davidson, Bodleian Library of Commonwealth and African Studies at Rhodes House.
Other Finding Aids
Listed as no. 627 in Manuscript Collections in Rhodes House Library Oxford,Accessions 1978-1994 (Oxford, Bodleian Library, 1996).
Conditions Governing Use
No reproduction or publication of personal papers without permission. Contact the library in the first instance.