Notes on obstetrics and gynaecology that appear to be taken from a lecture series, although there is no indication as to the exact source. The notes are unbound and formed into nine physical sections as follows:
- Section 1, 22 folios. Notes on parturition, physical actions, parturient powers of the uterus and notes on the classification of labour and the process of natural labour.
- Section 2, 4 folios. Notes on the clitoris and preternatural elongations.
- Section 3, 8 folios. Notes on superficial inflammation and excoriation of the vulva, ulcerations, pruritus of the vulva.
- Section 4, 8 folios. Notes on oedema as a consequence of pregnancy or as a symptom of dropsy and on extravasation of blood into the structure of the labia and on phlegmonous inflammation & abscess.
- Section 5, 8 folios. Notes on diseases of the uterus including want of a uterus, double uterus, imperforate uterus, non-development of the uterus, and retroversion of the uterus.
- Section 6, 22 folios. Notes on retroversion of the uterus.
- Section 7, 18 folios. Notes on the enlargement of the gravid uterus and effect on the surrounding organs.
- Section 8, 2 folios. Brief notes on the conversion of the uterus into bone.
- Section 9, 2 folios. Notes on examination.
What the precise order of the notes should be is not clear and are simply numbered for descriptive purposes and described in the order they are currently stored in.