Copy of a Latin diary of a journey to England by Johann Schult, a Swedish Hebraist, 1702-3.
Copy of a diary of a journey to England by Johann Schult
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 738 MS 116/29
- Dates of Creation1702-1703
- Language of MaterialLatin
- Physical Description0.5 box
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Johann Schult visited London and Oxford to study Hebrew manuscripts. He had many meetings with David Nieto (1687-1773), haham of the Spanish and Portuguese Congregation, Bevis Marks.
The Special Collections Division is available for anyone to use, regardless of whether you are attached to an academic institution. Access to the Archives and Manuscripts and Rare Books reading room, however, is by prior appointment to access the manuscript material. See our website for more details.