Some of the medals show rulers of Russia, military figures, statesmen, events of the reign of Peter the Great. Others mark events such as coronations, accessions, marriages and deaths of Russian rulers. Imperial institutions are commemorated, as are cities and buildings of the Russian empire. These include:
Ten rulers of Russia:- (119/1: Obverse, from top to bottom:)
- Andrei Alexandrovich (1281-1304)
- Mikhail Iaroslavich (1304-18)
- Dimitri Ivanovich (1362-89)
- Vasilii Dimitievich (1389-1425)
- Vasilii Vasiliivich (Basil II) (1425-62)
- Ivan Vasiliivich (Ivan III) (1462-1505)
- Boris Theodorovich (1598-1605)
- Mikhail Theodorovich (Michael) (1613-1645)
- Peter II (1727-30)
- Elizabeth I (1741-62)
- 1) Fedor Matvyeevich Apraksin (1661-1728), Admiral.
- 2) Fedor Alekseyevich Golovin (d.1706), Statesman.
- 3) Grigorii Grigorievich Orlov (1734-1783), Statesman.
- 4) Piotr Aleksandrovich Rumiantsov (1725-1796), Field Marshal.
- 5) Prince Paul (later Tsar Paul I) and his second wife Maria Theodorovna.
- 6) Alexis Grigorievich Orlov (1737-1808), Admiral.
- 7)Empress Catherine II