Army service book (1914-1918); 2 books of transcribed letters to his mother, August 1916-June 1917, with photocopies (nd); Wedding photograph (nd); Manuscript letter of reference from Lieutenant Colonel R.P. Jordan (26 April 1919); Published Army orders (December 1920); Protection certificate (27 October 1919); Reference (9 March 1919); Manuscript list of 13th Platoon members (1914); Manuscript copy of telegram (16 August 1915); Orders of the Day No. 55 (20 February 1917); Photocopied extract from Cap of Honour by David Scott Daniell (nd); Press cutting (nd); Photocopied notes on Lord Hodson's obituary in The Times, 14 March 1984 (nd); 2 manuscript letters to Peter Liddle (7 May 1977, nd); Typed transcript of an interview recorded with Peter Liddle (February 1977).
Francis Hodson papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb206-liddlecollectionmes047
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Liddle Collection MES 047
- Dates of Creation1914-1977
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 file; manuscript, typescript, photograph, a press cutting, and printed material (partly photocopy).
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Francis Lord Charlton Hodson, Baron Hodson, was born in 1895 and educated at Cheltenham. As a Captain, 7th Battalion, Gloucestershire Regiment, he served at Gallipoli and in India and Mesopotamia.
Conditions Governing Access
Access is unrestricted.
Other Finding Aids
Mesopotamia catalogue (hard copy) http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/liddle/index.htm
Alternative Form Available