The folder contains newspaper cuttings about worship and church services (including articles about modernising the liturgy, the decline in members of church choirs, hymn books and prayer books). Also included are manuscript notes about the order of church services and worship, and booklets about music (including Hymns Ancient and Modern (1950), The Use of Music in Religious Drama, How to start a Speech Choir, Worship: its symbolism and meaning, and A History of the English Hymnal 1906-1956).
Folder labelled Worship - Service / Music - Choir
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1953 TW/1/88
- Former ReferenceGB 1953 TW 1/88
- Dates of Creation1947, 1950, 1956, 1962-1972
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description1 folder (42 cuttings, 18 sheets of paper, 9 booklets)