- Papers regarding British Council visits overseas and visitors received 1967-1975
- Papers as Chairman of Editorial Board of British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology 1973-1977
- Papers as member of Editorial Board of Medicine, including minutes and critiques of articles 1970-1977
- Papers as member of Western Infirmary Computer Project Steering Committee, including agendas, minutes and reports 1973-1977
Papers of Professor Graham Malcolm Wilson, 1917-1977, physician, Glasgow, Scotland
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 812 HB 68
- Dates of Creation1967-1977
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description0.2 metres
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Graham Malcolm Wilson was born in Surrey in 1917 and educated at Edinburgh Academy and the University of Edinburgh. He gained the qualifications MB, ChB, 1940 ; BSc, 1947 ; MD, 1950 ; and DSc, 1964 . He became Assistant Physician at St Mary’s Hospital, London between 1947-1949 and a lecturer, later Professor, of Pharmacology and Therapeutics at Sheffield University from 1950-1967. He was then Professor of Practice of Medicine in University of Glasgow and Physician at the Western Infirmary of Glasgow, 1967-1977 . Professor Wilson died in 1977 .
Chronological within record class
Conditions Governing Access
Professor Wilson’s secretary
Other Finding Aids
Alternative Form Available
No known copies
Compiled by Alistair Tough, Greater Glasgow NHS Board Archivist, 23 July 1998.
Conditions Governing Use
Applications for permission to quote should be sent to the Archivist.
Reproduction subject to usual conditions: educational use and condition of documents.
This material has been appraised in line with standard GB 812 procedures
Records held within University of Glasgow prior to transfer
No further accessions are expected
Obituary in British Medical Journal, 1977, vol.1, p.1363