The collection comprises the following series. All records relate to the East Midlands districtof the association unless otherwise stated:
- Financial papers, 1941-1959 (We A).
- Meeting minute book, correspondence, administrative records and financial papers for Derbyshire, Moira and District, and Oakham branches, 1942-1958 (We B).
- Postage books, 1957-1958 (We C).
- Index cards recording lectures given, 1955-1958 (We L).
- Annual reports of the Workers Educational Association districts but not including East Midlands district, 1936-1955 (We R).
- Copy letter book for Selston branch, 1919-1920 (We S).
- Records of approved and organiser tutors, 1948-1958 (We T).
- Records of the Workers Educational Trades Union Committee, mainly financial, 1944-1951 (We U).
- Miscellaneous items, 1946-1960 (We X).
The records of the East Midlands district comprise routine administrative and financial records. Sadly, core series such as meeting minutes, annual reports and accounts for the district as a whole are absent.