45 manuscript letters, mainly to his parents and family, some written in the form of a war diary, with photocopies and typed summary notes (25 February 1915-2 February 1917); 2 photographs (1915, 1918); Typescript of diary, 29 October-2 December 1914, with summary notes (nd); Photocopied concert programme, regimental listing and menu from HMT Alaunia, 30 November 1914 (nd).
Sir John Jardine papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb206-liddlecollectionmes052
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Liddle Collection MES 052
- Dates of Creation1914-1918
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 file; manuscript, typescript, photographs, and printed material (partly photocopy).
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Sir John Eric Birdwood Jardine (1890-1924) was a Lieutenant and Captain, 5th Battalion, Queen's Royal West Surrey Regiment, serving in India and Mesopotamia. He later became a Major.
Conditions Governing Access
Access is unrestricted.
Other Finding Aids
Mesopotamia catalogue (hard copy) http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/liddle/index.htm
Alternative Form Available