- /1 Holograph note MD entry 1856
- /2 MD entry 1869
- /3 Holograph note from 'Cuttings book' condemns Children's Hospital [later Royal Manchester Children's Hospital] over Humphreys case at Medico-Ethical Association meeting in February 1880.
- /4-7 Letters and papers concerning complaints about Dean's qualifications to practise medicine: /4 letter from Robert Upton, clerk to the Society of Apothecaries to Joseph Stone, 19 April 1851, requesting address of Dean and H.R. Peatson, who are to be sued; /5 letter from R.B. B. Cobbett to John [Joseph?] Stone, 20 May 1851, encloses transcript of a letter sent from Dean to Robert Upton, 16 May 1851, saying will present himself before the [Apothecaries?] 'Hall' and 'College' [of Surgeons?] in next two to three weeks, following completion of his lectures and hospital training; /6 draft letter, n.d. writes on behalf of the subcommittee of the Manchester Medico-Ethical Society to request that Dean's fine be appropriated to pay their expenses; also mentions other Manchester druggists they want to act against; /7 manuscript report of charges against Dean and action taken against him by Society of Apothecaries (Dean appears to have been practising before receiving his medical qualifications).
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 MMC/2/DeanT/1
- Dates of Creation1851, 1869
- Physical Description7 pieces
- Direct Link