letters to EMB from C. D'arcy Power and others, concerning bishop's licences for medical practitioners (Power was a well-known medical historian).
- /1 12 September 1903, says cannot help much with Brockbank's enquiry about bishop's licenses, but suggests some sources for further information.
- /2 John Gamon (Diocesan Registry, Chester) to EMB, 22 September 1903; does not know of any books which mention licenses in the mid-18th century; says may possibly be something in visitation records.
- /3-4 Charles Williams to EMB, 26 september 3 October 1903, does not think bishop's lost power to grant licenses by Act of Parliament, and refers to books which may be of use
- /5 Edward Liveing, 12 October 1903, responding to Brockbank's letter, discusses medical education and system of apprenticeship.
- /6 postcard from Liveing, 19 October 1903, discusses statutes of Henry VIII about medical licensing.
- /7 Henry Barnes, 6 November 1903, forward copy of paper on bishop'slicenses (not present)
- /8 holograph notes about Bishop's licenses, appear to be in D'Arcy Power's handwriting.
- /9 holograph copy of a license to practice medicine to John Gerand of Werneth, Stockport, 8 Feb 1681/2.