- Company documents, Feb 1946
- McKellar's personal and family documents, 1891- c 1930
- Correspondence, 1909- 1950
- Menu from The Imperial Room Royal York Hotel, Toronto, Jul 1939
- Cards, c 1930s
- Programme, List of members and details of participating companies for the Autumn 1939 Meeting of The Institute of Metals, Glasgow, Sep 1939
- Photographs, c 1920s- 1970s
- Newspaper cutting, May 1955
- Publications, 1905- 1939
- Films, c 20th century
Papers of John Russell McKellar, John Brown Shipbuilding & Engineering Co Ltd employee, Glasgow, Scotland
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
John Russell McKellar (or MacKellar) was an employee of John Brown Shipbuilding & Engineering Co Ltd, and worked as a brass founder. In around 1908, the brass foundry within the yard was closed down. John McKellar then set up his own business with the promise of all the contract work for their yard.
Listed by box. Items are generally listed in their original order.
Will be catalogued as ref UGC 97.
Open, subject to the Data Protection Act 1998
Received prior to the introduction of formal accessioning procedures.
Collection box listed by Rachel Hosker, Assistant Archivist, 31 Oct 2003. Collection level description created by Jennifer Turner, Archive Assistant (Graduate Trainee), 31 Jan 2013.
Other Finding Aids
File list available by request to the Duty Archivist