Diaries, correspondence and papers of Lady Katharine Clarendon, letters of Lord Clarendon, and miscellaneous family papers. A note on this collection appeared in the Bodleian Library Record, XI (1982-5), 394-5.
Papers of Lady Katharine Clarendon and other members of the Clarendon family
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Eng. c. 2082-181, d. 2048-54, e. 2074-132
- Dates of Creation1778-1935
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description166 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Katharine Villiers (1810-1874) was the wife of the 4th Earl of Clarendon.
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A catalogue of the collection is available online at http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollectionswmss/online/online.htm.