The papers of Sir (Gordon) Roy Cameron. The first accession has been catalogued as follows:
Series A: Biographical and personal papers, including exercise books; certificates; photographs; and correspondence.
Series B: Research notebooks and working papers, with related correspondence. Subjects include the liver, pulmonary oedema, and the spleen.
Series C: Lectures, publications, and manuscripts. Includes obituaries of other scientists.
Series D: Cameron's work on pathologists and history of pathology.
The second accession has not yet been catalogued, but contains further papers of and relating to Cameron, 1917-1968, including:
- Various professional and personal certificates, 1917-1966, among them copies of Cameron's birth certificate, various medical registration certificates, and the certificate of his cremation;
- Various photographs, 1920-1962 and undated, some unlabelled, including family photographs, holiday photographs, and formal occasions;
- Correspondence between Cameron and Professor Cyril L Oakley, 1945-1965, on scientific, professional, personal and social matters;
- Typescripts, 1951-1952, for an unpublished book by Cameron on immunology;
- Two official letters to Cameron concerning his knighthood, 1957;
- Cameron's personal diaries, 1961-1963, including a trip to Italy and a trip to Australia and around the world;
- Proofs of Cameron's 'Who's Who' entries;
- Press cuttings, 1954-1966, including various obituaries of Cameron, 1966; offprints of Cameron's obituaries from the 'Journal of Clinical Pathology', vol xx (1967), and 'Biographical Memoirs of Fellows of the Royal Society', vol xiv (1968), and typescript of obituary from 'The Lancet', 10 Oct 1966;
- Photostat of typescript address at Cameron's memorial service and printed order of service, 1966;
- Letters of condolence on Cameron's death, 1966;
- Miscellaneous printed and typescript material, including articles on scientific subjects and on the history of medicine by Cameron, and obituaries by Cameron of other scientists; various obituaries of scientists other than Cameron, including an offprint of Oakley's obituary of Alexander Thomas Glenny for 'Biographical Memoirs of Fellows of the Royal Society', vol xii (1966), related correspondence, 1966, and other papers on Glenny including photographs and a typescript bibliography.