Series of quarto sheets, c.26 x 20 cms, written on both sides in ink.
Manuscript notes entitled "Examen of an Historical Libel mistitled a compleat History of England vol 3d by an Impartial Hand".
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 418 Crossley/1/77
- Former ReferenceGB 418 E.3.4 Folder N no 34
- Dates of Creation18th century
Scope and Content
Cf Roger North, Examen: or, An enquiry into the credit and veracity of a pretended complete history; : shewing the perverse and wicked design of it, and the many falsities and abuses of truth contained in it. Together with some memoirs occasionally inserted. All tending to vindicate the honour of the late King Charles the Second, and his happy reign, from the intended aspersions of that foul pen. By the Honourable Roger North, Esq (London, 1740).