On verso: "Robt Read Examined". Recto: "Upon the seaventh day of Jan [?16]59 Robert Read of Huthersfeild, Clothier confessed that two years earlier, a child, his niece, whom he brought up, had strange fits. Suspected a neighbour of causing hurt. Consulted John Bawmforth who advised him to have no further dealings with the woman but to hang round the child's neck a paper on which he (JB) wrote some characters. After one year all well."
Examination of Robert Read.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 418 Crossley/1/86
- Former ReferenceGB 418 E.3.4 Folder R-S no 43
- Dates of Creationnd [?17th century]