Microfilms of manuscripts of Sophocles, with a few other Greek texts: collected by Dr R.D. Dawe, for use in the preparation of his Studies on the text of Sophocles (3 vols., Leiden, 1973-8) and of his Teubner edition of Sophocles (2 vols., Leipzig, 1975-9, 2nd edn. 1984-5).
Microfilms of Manuscripts of Sophocles
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Dr Roger David Dawe has published works relating to Greek literature.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The microfilms were given to the Library by Dr R.D. Dawe in 1990.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A full description is available in the Library.
See Scope and Content
The originals are located as follows:
- MSS. Film 1858-61 - Florence, Biblioteca Medicea Laurenziana
- MS. Film 1862 - Heidelberg, University Library
- MS. Film 1863 - Leiden, University Library
- MSS. Film 1864-70 - Paris, Bibliothque Nationale
- MSS. Film 1871-3 - Vatican City, Biblioteca Apostolica Vaticana
- MS. Film 1874 - Venice, Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana
- MS. Film 1875 - Vienna, sterreichische Nationalbibliothek
- MS. Film 1876 - Zagreb, University Library