The book contains oaths which have been signed by officials of Government House and Council Chamber in Sierra Leone. Included are oaths for the governor, sheriff, members of the legislative council, commissioner of the court of requests, commissioner of roads, coroner, clerk of the council, councillors, and also declarations against transubstantiation and popery.
Book of Oaths from Government House and Council Chamber, Sierra Leone
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.afr.r.3
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS.Afr.r.3
- Dates of Creation1833-1882
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description1 volume
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Conditions Governing Access
Bodleian reader's ticket required.
Collection level description created by Marion Lowman, Bodleian Library of Commonwealth and African Studies at Rhodes House.
Other Finding Aids
The library holds a card index of all manuscript collections in its reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
No reproduction or publication of personal papers without permission. Contact the library in the first instance.