Each page is identical; the left-hand page details 'To Amounts Received' and the right-hand page details 'By Amounts Paid'. At the top of each page the name of the treasurer is recorded (until 1879 it was James Wood, then varies for the next 20 years). Amounts received consists of: contributions, entrance fees, fines, visits. Amounts paid out are savings bank, liquor, sick pay, any funeral costs or expenses. The Society appears to start paying rent in 1865.
Ancient Order of Foresters treasurer's cash book
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 KDF/1/7/1
- Dates of Creation1859-1889
- Physical Description1 volume. Front cover worn and first few pages are lose and fragile.