Manuscripts of programmes for performances, handwritten in Arabic script, the two performances mentioned are 'Marriage of Antar' which was performed at The National Arabic Opera in the presence of Kadil Tawfiq I. The second performance is of 'Telemachus son of Ulysses' which was possibly performed by the Qurdahi troupes at the Opera House in Cairo, Egypt.
Programmes for operatic performances
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 891 JG/2
- Dates of Creation[1879-1892]
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialArabic
- Physical Description2 items
Scope and Content
These papers were found in no particular order and are listed systematically in the following order.
- Programme for a performance of 'Marriage of Antar'
- Programme of an opera performance of 'Telemachus son of Ulysses'