The collection contains a wide variety of papers from John Marshall’s educational career including pre-university schooling from Glasgow Academy, general university education at University of Glasgow and Edinburgh, and specialized education in medicine and veterinary studies from Anderson’s College and Glasgow Veterinary College. These papers consist of certificates of attendance, class tickets, awards and medals, and matriculation cards. Also included in the collection are personal papers including prescriptions and remedies, letters of reference, and personal correspondence.
- Class tickets and certificates of attendance for Anderson’s College and the University of Glasgow, 1885-1896;
- Examination papers for classes taken at Glasgow Academy, University of Glasgow, and University of Edinburgh,1885-1897
- Certificates of Merit and medals for Glasgow Veterinary College, 1893-1897;
- Handwritten prescriptions and remedies, 1889-1901;
- Letters of reference, 1899-1901;
- Personal Correspondence, 1899-1977.