1. Nora Smallwood; [1959-1963]. Two letters and a postcard. For her correspondence with Lee from André Deutsch see Add MS 88936/4/4-6. Autograph.
2. Betty Smart; 1932, 1933. Signs letters 'Helen'. Betty and Molly Smart were two sisters with whom Lee established friendship and lengthy correspondence in youth. See Grove, pp. 29-40. Thirty-six letters, mostly undated and their arrangement is not definitive. Autograph.
3. Molly Smart; 1931-1937. Some letters signed 'Mariquita'. See Grove, pp. 29-40. Sixty autograph letters from Molly Smart to Lee, mostly undated and their arrangement is not definitive, and three typewritten copies of letters from Lee to Molly Smart. Six further letters written to Molly Smart by Lee between 1932 and 1941 are at Add MS 88949.
4. Emma Smith, afterw. Stewart-Jones; n.d. Four letters. Autograph.
5. Godfrey Smith; 1985. One letter. Signed.
6. John Smith, editor of Modern love poems; 1965. One letter. Signed.
7. Sir Matthew Smith; 1959, n.d. One letter and one postcard. Autograph.
8. Murray Smith; 1992. Two letters. Autograph.
9. Fritz Spiegl; 1995. One letter. Signed.
10. Sir George Stapledon; 1943. One letter. Autograph.
11. John D. Stewart; 1960. Two letters. Signed.
12. John Summers; 1980, 1992. Two letters. Autograph and signed.
13. Edith Clara Summerskill, Baroness Summerskill; 1957. One letter, thanking Lee for his support in an unspecified cause. Signed.