1. Esther Rantzen; 1970. One letter. Autograph.
2. Simon Raven; 1965. One letter. Autograph.
3. Anne Ridler; 1945, 1954. Three letters, including a typewritten copy of her poem 'The Autumn equinox'. Autograph.
4. Pat Robinson; 1931-1938. Twenty-nine letters, mostly undated and their arrangement is not definitive. See Grove, pp. 22, 35-37. Autograph and signed.
5. Robert Robinson; 1988. One letter. Autograph.
6. James Roose-Evans; 1981-1985, n.d. Eight letters. Autograph and signed. For his adaptations of Cider with Rosie for the stage, see Add MS 88936/2/43 and for correspondence on the adaptation see Add MS 88936/4/22.
7. Jim Rose; . One letter. Autograph. For his correspondence with Lee from Penguin Books see Add MS 88936/4/15.
8. Tom G. Rosenthal; 1987. Four letters. Signed. For his correspondence with Lee from André Deutsch see Add MS 88936/4/4-6.
9. Alan Ross; 1957, n.d. Two postcards and one letter, the last with two signed poems by Ross, 'Porto Vecchio' being dedicated to Lee. Autograph.
10. Anthony Rossiter; 1969. One letter. Autograph.
11. Maud Russell; 1958. One letter. Autograph.
12. Edward Sackville-West; 1946. Two letters. Autograph.
13. Victoria Sackville-West; 1955. One letter. Signed.
14. Ben Schunenberg [?]; 1960. One letter. Autograph.
15. Cherry Scott; n.d. One letter. Autograph.
16. Sir Peter Scott; 1962. One letter. Autograph.
17. Clement Semmler; 1976-1992. Three letters and a photocopy of a review by Semmler. Autograph and signed.
18. James Shallcross; 1993. One letter, with a prospectus for the Almuñécar International School.
19. Desmond Shawe-Taylor; 1947, 1969. Two letters and one postcard. Autograph.
20. T. Shibata; 1978. One letter. Autograph.
21. Peter Slade, Baron Slade; 1995. One letter. Autograph.