Poems published in or submitted to periodicals or broadcast and not included in the three published volumes of verse or the two later collections. Autograph, typewritten and some printed cuttings (where indicated).
1. 'Autumn festival', also entitled 'Repeat performance'. See also a version in the notebook for 'The Voyage of Magellan' at Add MS 88936/3/2. Published in Bottege Oscura, Jan. 1949.
2. 'Bird in a square'. Published in Times Literary Supplement, 14 July 1961.
3. 'The Cathedral'. With a printed cutting from SEE Magazine, Apr.1949.
4. 'Corkscrew carol'. Published in The Compleat Imbiber, vol. 2 (1958).
5. 'Dark father lost'; 1948. With a printed cutting from Time and Tide, 25 Dec. 1948.
6. 'Days without end'; 1963. Drafts entitled 'Summer', 'High summer' and 'Summertime. With a printed cutting from Woman's Journal, Summer 1963.
7. 'Gitano y gitane'. Published in Paintings and drawings of the gypsies of Granada. London, Athelney Books, 1969. With three letters from the publisher and page proofs.
8. 'The Glassblowers'. With a printed cutting from Futuri, Dec. 1948.
9. 'Grief'; n.d. The second of 'Two impromptus', published in Penguin New Writing, no. 23 (1943).
10. 'Here is your staff of wine'; n.d. Originally entitled 'This is your alchemy'. Proof sheet from Horizon, for April of an unidentified year, but probably not published.
11. 'Holy the holly: a poem for Christmas'; 1949. With a photocopy of its publication in Leader Magazine, 17 Dec. 1949.
12. 'Home is where the rainbow ends'; n.d. Published in Homes and Gardens, Oct. before 1971. Printed proof with compliments slip from Robert Harling.
13. 'Ligurian Coast'; 1957. Autograph. With Poetry Supplement: Landmarks and voyages (London: Poetry Book Society, 1957) in which it appeared. See also versions in the notebook for 'I call me Adam' at Add MS 88936/3/11.
14. 'Man on the other side'; . Written for a gramophone recording, including other poems by Lee, 'Poets reading, no. 3', Jupiter Records, jepOC16, on which on the other side Christopher Logue reads some of his poems.
15. 'Memory'; n.d. Typewritten text stamped 'Horizon', but not published in Horizon.
16. 'Poem for Twelfth Night'; . With the script of the radio programme 'A Three Kings anthology', broadcast on the BBC Third Programme, 8 Jan. 1948, during which it was first performed. Published, according to Lee's notes, in an American publication Midcenturypoetry.
17. 'Spring'; 1963. One draft is entitled 'First of spring'. With a printed cutting from Daily Express, 5 Mar. 1963.
18. 'The Trunks'; 1960. Published in Land Shell, May 1960.
19. 'Welcome Jesse Lee, from her Father'; 1964. With a printed cutting from Stroud News & Journal, 9 Oct. 1964.
20. Two lines of poetry beginning 'In you, today, I hear the first note of spring'; 1987. Printed cutting from The Times, 14-20 Feb. 1987.