Texts of single chapters in the form submitted for publication in periodicals; -1959, n.d.
1. 'First light'; . Two typewritten versions, the first of 17 leaves with autograph amendments, the second of 18 leaves incorporating the amendments made in the first, with further autograph amendments, also numbered 69-84 in blue pencil. This formed chapter 1 of 'Cider with Rosie' and was originally published in Orion, no. 3 (Autumn 1946). In a file inscribed 'Chap. 1. First light. (1st typescript)' which has probably been added at a later date.
2. 'Mother'; 1959. The original typed copy of the text of which there is a carbon copy at Add MS 88936/2/28, with autograph amendments, prepared for publication in the Cornhill, and dated 14 Aug. 1959, and printed extract from the Cornhill, no. 1021 (Autumn 1959). This formed chapter 7 of 'Cider with Rosie'.
3. 'Grannies in the wainscot'; n.d. Typewritten copy of the chapter which became chapter 5 of 'Cider with Rosie', with its own title-page and foliation, presumably submitted for publication in a periodical. With autograph amendments.
4. 'The first bite of the apple'; 1950. Inscribed 'Written originally for "The Leader magazine"'. With autograph amendments. Photocopy of printed article in Leader Magazine, 10 June 1950.
5. 'Winter and summer'; . Galley proof of article published in The Queen, June 1959. This formed chapter 8 of 'Cider with Rosie'
6. 'Winter'; 1959. An extract from the chapter 'Winter and summer' published in Harper's Bazaar, Nov. 1959. Printed cutting.