- Minutes 1948-1974
- Financial records 1937-1971
- Staff register 1934-1951
- Files 1948-1973
- Annual Reports of Executive Council 1952-1973
- Annual Reports of Local Dental Committee 1952-1979
- Annual Reports of Scottish Medical Practices Committee 1949-1975
- Press cuttings books 1952-1965
- Printed ephemera 1950-1972
Records of Executive Council for City of Glasgow, Glasgow, Scotland
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 812 HB 41
- Dates of Creation1934-1979
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description6 metres
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The Executive Council for City of Glasgow was created in 1948 to administer the relationship between the National Health Service and medical, dental and ophthalmic General Practioners. In 1974 it was replaced by Family Practitioner Committees. At its inception the Glasgow Executive Council was staffed principally by people who had worked for the Insurance Committee for the Burgh of Glasgow. Some records of the latter were handed over to the Executive Council.
Chronological within record class
Conditions Governing Access
Normal 30 year and 75 year closures apply
Glasgow Health Board, Glasgow, Scotland
Other Finding Aids
Alternative Form Available
No known copies
Compiled by Alistair Tough, Greater Glasgow NHS Board Archivist, 23 July 1998.
Conditions Governing Use
Applications for permission to quote should be sent to the Archivist.
Reproduction subject to usual conditions: educational use and condition of documents.
This material has been appraised in line with standard GB 812 procedures
Records held within National Health Service prior to transfer