Domestic account books of Tapton House 1862-1912 and 1918-1921. Alsohousehold and personal note books, including rules for servants and diary ofspring cleaning. These books were used by Violet Markham in her autobiographyReturn Passage (1953).
MARKHAM ROSA 1840-1912 NEEPAXTON
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 97 COLL MISC 0379
- Dates of Creation1862-1921
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description3 boxes and 1 volume
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Rosa Markham lived at Tapton House, Chesterfield, and was the mother ofViolet Markham (1872-1959), liberal activist and public servant.
Three boxes and one volume
Conditions Governing Access
Tallents, Persis (Violet Markham'sniece)
Other Finding Aids
No further listrequired
Conditions Governing Use