Minutes, accounts, correspondence and general papers of the Club.
Papers of the Oxford University Mermaid Club
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Eng. c. 2271-5, d. 2096-7, e. 2305-11
- Dates of Creation1921-[ca. 1974]
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description14 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The Oxford University Mermaid Club was a small undergraduate society founded in 1902 for reading 16th- and 17th-century English drama. The Club went into abeyance during both World Wars and was 'revived' at various dates.
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The papers were given by Dr J.M. Thomas, New College, in 1989.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A full description is available in the Library.