Minutes, accounts, correspondence and general papers of the Club.
Papers of the Oxford University Mermaid Club
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Eng. c. 2271-5, d. 2096-7, e. 2305-11
- Dates of Creation1921-[ca. 1974]
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description14 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The Oxford University Mermaid Club was a small undergraduate society founded in 1902 for reading 16th- and 17th-century English drama. The Club went into abeyance during both World Wars and was 'revived' at various dates.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The papers were given by Dr J.M. Thomas, New College, in 1989.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A full description is available in the Library.