Medical Staff Association
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb152-mss.37/ms
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 152 MSS.37/MS
- Dates of Creation1909-1970
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description[ not recorded ]
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The Medical Staff Association was founded in 1909. Its members were Medical Inspectors of the Local Government Board/ Ministry of Health. It merged with the Institution of Professional Civil Servants in 1970.
Reference: J.E. Mortimer and Valerie Ellis, A professional union : the evolution of the Institution of Professional Civil Servants.London : Allen and Unwin, 1980.
Conditions Governing Access
Access : Open.
The archive has been catalogued to fonds level only. This description is available on-line and in the Centre's searchroom. The Centre also holds some records of the Institution of Professional Civil Servants (MSS.37).
An authority file exists for the Medical Staff Association (GB 152 AAR1291).
The archive was deposited on indefinite loan in the Centre on the 3rd February 1997.