5 watch job books, 1896-1931.
Edward Jones Watch Job Books
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb222-bmssejwj
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 222 BMSS EJWJ
- Dates of Creation1896-1931
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description5 items
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Edward Jones was a watchmaker in Bethesda, Caernarfonshire. In the 1890's Bethesda was a flourishing village. According to the Slater's directory of North and Mid Wales, 1895 there were two other watchmakers in the village, William Charles Hughes, 28 High Street and Mrs Jane Williams, 17 High Street.
Arranged chronologically and incorporated into the General Collection of Bangor Manuscripts
Conditions Governing Access
Open to all users.
Description compiled by Elen Wyn Hughes, November 2002.
Other Finding Aids
An item level typescript catalogue is available at the Archives Department of the University of Wales Bangor. Reference numbers : General Collection of Bangor Manuscripts 10380-10384
Conditions Governing Use
Usual copyright conditions apply. Reprographics are made at the discretion of the Archivist.