Sixty-six holograph letters, 1841-1843 and undated, from [Sir Hugh] Lyon Playfair (later 1st baron Playfair of St. Andrews) to Andrew [Crombie] Ramsay. The letters relate largely to their professional interests and activities, and there are numerous references to Sir Henry Thomas de la Beche, Dr. William Buckland, etc. Some of the earlier letters are addressed to the Ordnance Geological Survey at Haverfordwest, at Fishguard, and at Llandovery. At the end of the volume is a list of French adjectives 'used before and after the noun, according to their signification'.
Lyon Playfair letters
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 210 NLW MS 11574D.
- Alternative Id.(alternative) vtls004916935
- Dates of Creation1841-1843
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish, French.
- LocationARCH/MSS (GB0210)
Scope and Content
Title based on contents.
Formerly known as Ramsay 24.
Preferred citation: NLW MS 11574D.
Other Finding Aids
The description is also available in the Handlist of Manuscripts in the National Library of Wales, Volume IV (Aberystwyth, 1971).