Seventeen holograph letters from Elizabeth Johnes, 'Betha' [Lady Elizabeth Hills-Johnes], C[harlotte] A[nna] M[aria] J[ohnes], and Richard Dixon, from Dolau Cothi, to A. C. Ramsay, 1844-1845 and undated (an invitation to lunch on the Gogofau, a gatekeeper near Llansawel, observations on plants with leaves and blossoms enclosed, a stone sketched on Gogofau, personal). Some of the letters are addressed to Llandovery, to the Ordnance Geological Survey at Builth and at Rhayader, and to Charing Cross, London.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 210 NLW MS 11579D.
- Alternative Id.(alternative) vtls004917047
- Dates of Creation1844-1845.
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- LocationARCH/MSS (GB0210)
Scope and Content
Title based on contents.
Formerly known as Ramsay 29.
Preferred citation: NLW MS 11579D.
Other Finding Aids
The description is also available in the Handlist of Manuscripts in the National Library of Wales, Volume IV (Aberystwyth, 1971).