Murray's papers relating to knight's tours, are mainly typescript, with manuscript diagrams and notes.
Papers of H.J.R. Murray
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Eng. c. 2817, d. 2370, e. 2719-21
- Dates of Creation1915-57
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description5 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Harold James Ruthven Murray (1868-1955) was a chess player and historian of chess and board games.
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The papers were given to the Library in 1992.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A full description is available in the Library.