Disraeli's papers includes family, domestic and personal, political, and literary papers. The collection contains a section of Isaac D'Israeli's papers.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 Dep. Hughenden 1-382
- Dates of Creation1681-1928 (predominantly 19th century)
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description382 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Benjamin Disraeli, Earl of Beaconsfield (1804-1881) was a prominent statesman. His father, Isaac D'Israeli (1766-1848), was an author. Details for both are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The papers were deposited in the Library in 1982 and 1984, by the National Trust.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A full catalogue is available in the Library.