Fabric samples for clothing and upholstery. Fashion fabrics for women's wear include designs for both the E Y Johnston and Keddie Gordon brand names. Buyers of the fabrics include fashion houses Cacharel, Oscar de la Renta, Christian Dior, Mary Quant, Jean Muir and American designer Bonnie Cashin as well as Sills and Co who manufactured for Cashin. Ready to wear manufacturers such as Jaegar, Aireton, Berkertex, Windsmoor, Pringles, Aquascutum and Marks and Spencers also feature heavily. E Y Johnston exported extensively to the US and this is also reflected by the agents buying the fabric.
- For more information, email the repository
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb582-hwuaeyj/hwuaeyj6
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 582 HWUA EYJ 6
- Dates of Creation1962-1976
- Physical Description63 items