- The first volume (ca. 30 pages) has the title: "Cambridgeshire Hymenoptera Parasitica" and contains a list of species.
- The second volume (only 10 pages) has the species belonging to Chalcicoidea found in Cambridgeshire.
Parasitic Hymneoptera of Cambridgeshire
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 433 Salt
- Dates of Creation[1935-1945]
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description2 volumes
- Direct Link
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
George Salt (1903-2003) grew up in Canada and studied at Harvard University. He returned to his native England in 1933, where he became a Fellow of King's College and became Lecturer in the Zoology Department of the University of Cambridge in 1937. After the second world war, he was Tutor for Advanced Students. He was elected a Fellow of the Royal Society in 1956.
Conditions Governing Access
Manuscripts can be consulted on appointment only. The Museum of Zoology is open Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 17:00 pm. Access and reproduction is at the discretion of the Archivist.
Description compiled by Kees Rookmaaker, Archives Hub project archivist
Other Finding Aids