- /1 Holograph note extract from Lancashire mortuary letter (Lancs and Ches Historic Society 1884) suggesting that Hartley died by his own hand.
- /2 Holograph note baptism and burial records of the Hartley family from Owens mss.
- /3 Holograph note from Salford Port mote record (Chetham Society NS 48), references to Hartley in the court records.
- /4 Holograph note Taxation in Salford hundred (Chetham NS 83) hearth tax record for Hartley, 1666.
- /5 Holograph note from Palatine note book, distinction between Hartley and a surgeon of same name who died in 1681. Note by Leech says references to Hartley in the Manchester court leet records refer to this other John Hartley.
- /6 Holograph note burial record for Hartley from Collegiate Church registers.
- /7 Transcript of Hartley's will.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 MMC/2/HartleyJo/1
- Dates of Creationn.d.
- Physical Description7 pieces