Papers of the Parker family, consisting of correspondence, newscuttings, photographs, biographical collections on the Parker family and Oxford printers associated with the family, and pedigrees.
Papers of the Parker Family, Booksellers and Publishers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.top.oxon.b.297,c.787,d.992,e.635-7
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Top. Oxon. b. 297, c. 787, d. 992, e. 635-7
- Dates of Creation1751-1921
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description6 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The Parker family were booksellers and publishers of Oxford.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The papers were given to the Library by the Worcestershire Archaeological Society in 1952.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A full description is available in the Library.
The papers were formerly owned by Mrs I. Hore.